As you prepare for your final exams remember there are resources available on campus to assist you. Stop by the Counseling Office and speak with an academic counselor, talk to your professor, stop by the Writing Center, the Student Success Center, or the Math MALL. We are here to help and support you. Good luck with your final exams!!
Test Taking Strategies
1) Stretch before you go into the test room
2) If at any point during the test you begin to feel nervous or you cannot think clearly, take a long deep breath and slowly exhale to restore your breathing to a normal level.
3) Get a good night’s sleep.
4) Read the directions carefully
5) Do the easy questions first
6) When and if allowed write down key facts, dates, principles, statistics, and formulas on a piece of scratch paper or in the margin of the exam.
7) Check your work. Ensure that you have complete answers according to the directions.